I got some rest between 3:30 and 6:00. They had to draw blood this morning for her labs and had to stick her to get them. Her IV is working for pushing meds in, but it doesn't work drawing blood. She cried some, as she normally does when they stick her to draw blood, but her SATs stayed in the low 90's and were up to 96 when I left at 6:45 for the shift change. She slept well most of the night (except when they were checking on her or drawing blood) and her SATs stayed up pretty good. However, they did increase the O2 volume to 3 liters.
The doctor came in and listened to her and said her lungs sounded great. They discontinued the feeds through her Mic-Key button and will allow her to start eating food today (as she can tolerate it). I am sure she will start off with yogurt this morning & at some point today she will want her pudding.
I am calling Jenn at 7:30 and then her and Kelsey will be leaving at 8:00 to come back over here. I will update again later this morning on how she tolerates food and how she does once she is up and moving around on just the oxygen.
Thank you again for your prayer support. If you are headed to church this morning, please lift up our joys that she is doing much better and continue to pray that she will continue her recovery and get to go to a room soon. I am continually amazed at how many people are praying for Courtney and our family right now. I know of at least 9 states that I have received comments or e-mails from and 2 people that I work with remotely in Mexico have said they are praying for her also.
God has continued to watch over her during this process and continues to bless us daily with both our beautiful daughters. Kelsey has been such a great sister to Courtney, not just through this time, but always through the years. Please lift her up this morning also.
I want to thank the DCA basketball team and coaches again for their support and working with us to help Kelsey through this difficult time.
Randy
2 comments:
Randy,
I am following Courtney's progress on here and definitely keeping her, you, Kelsey, and Jennifer in my prayers. Y'all are in them often, and always will be. I am happy that Courtney seems to be improving and that the doctors seem pleased with her progress. I will be praying for you and reading the site to know how things are going. Of course you know I am here for y'all and love y'all very much.
Jim McWhorter
Se are so glad to hear she is doing better. We will continue to pray for her and your whole family.
Holli Honeycutt Griffith
Post a Comment