Saturday, December 22, 2007

Christmas at Home

We all enjoyed a home cooked meal Thursday night (Thank you to the Anderson family) and Courtney slept well again until she woke up early Friday morning when I got up. I had to get the van worked on, get it re-tested, and then renew the tags. The girls got ready while I was out and when I came back, we opened our gifts to one another.

Courtney loved her new kid's camcorder. She took pictures and movies with it all afternoon.

She also liked her High School Musical book, sleeping bag (for our camping trips next spring), and the gifts that we all made for her.


Kelsey loved her Nintendo DS, sleeping bag, and gifts we made for her also. As you can tell from the picture, they love each other very much. :-)


My favorite gifts are always the ones that we make for each other. Jenn made me a plate to include in our hobby room with my other sports plates and the girls wrote me a poem with colored hearts, and a picture of them in a frame. I will find a spot to prominently display that. :-)

In the afternoon, Jenn & Kelsey went to Opry Mills and the ICE exhibit with family members from out of town (including Jenn's cousin Caryn and her kids in from Maine this week). Then everybody came to the house to see Courtney afterwards and exchanged gifts with Caryn's family (since they will be going to Memphis this weekend).

Kelsey went to McMinnville tonight with Jenn's Mom & grandmother. I will be going down tomorrow morning to spend the night, go to church Sunday morning, and then come back for the Titans game . Jenn will stay here with Courtney until Sunday night and then she will go to McMinnville for Christmas Eve & Christmas Day with her family.

Friday night we enjoyed chili and salsa & chips for dinner (thanks again to the Anderson family - desserts are good also).

This Christmas will have many mixed emotions (happy that Courtney is doing so well after her surgery, sad that this will be the 1st Christmas that we have been apart in 8 or 9 years). I think Kelsey is really having a hard time with it, so please continue to lift her up.

Well, I am watching Courtney tonight, so that is all for now.

Randy

3 comments:

pturner63 said...

I am so thankful that Courtney is doing well. I know it will be a different Christmas for you guys being apart and am praying for God provide you his grace. We are enjoying being at Sondra's parents this weekend and then head home Monday to enjoy Christmas at home. Dad is doing pretty good and will spend Christmas with my brother and his wife. I am praying for Kelsey as well.

Anonymous said...

Randy, thank you for sharing your personal experiences regarding Courtney's surgery/recovery. You and your family are truly inspiring. I will continue to pray for Courtney, Kelsey, Jennifer, and you; I thank God that He is in control and has blessed Courtney with a stable recovery. My wish for all of you is physical rest, peace of mind, and joy--now and always. If I can help in any way, just ask Aunt Judy to let me know. With love and admiration, Sheila

Anonymous said...

Great pics - always thinking of you. Uncle David