When I got to the hospital tonight, Courtney was still off the oxygen and was sitting in a chair eating dinner. She ate all of her baked sweet potato, macaroni & cheese, spaghetti, & jello and drank all of her Powerade. She has had another bowel movement, walked a rut into the tile on the 6th floor :-), went to the playroom today for playtime, and had people coming in to see if she was laughing or crying earlier today because she was so loud.
The topper for me though was when she was talking on the phone with Kelsey and she was sitting on the bed with her legs crossed (took a picture but it is not uploaded yet) and then she actually bent over double and put her head on the bed (got a picture of that also). We asked her if that hurt and of course she said, "Well No". I am going to ask my Dad if he was able to do that 1 week after his heart surgery. I am sure I know the answer to that one.
We haven't been told anything by the doctors, but we think we will get to go home tomorrow. Courtney even told my Mom on the phone that she is going home tomorrow. Kelsey and I are sleeping at home tonight. I am going in to work in the morning and Robin is picking Kelsey up to take her to the hospital. Hopefully sometime after the morning rounds, I will get a call telling me to come pick them up and take them home. :-)
I left the hospital at 10:30 and Courtney was still off the oxygen and her SATs were around 98. I pray that she will keep them up during the night and get a good night's sleep.
Thank you once again for your support.
Randy
No comments:
Post a Comment