Kelsey has a doctor appt tomorrow, so Jennifer went home with her and will sleep at home tonight. We have a family sleep room again tonight, but I probably will not use it until the shift change in the morning. There is a pull-out bed in Courtney's room in the PCCU that I will use to catch a nap later if she is doing well.
She is sleeping well right now. Her O2 sat is 97, she is still on the bi-pap machine at 80% oxygen level, and she is not laboring with her breathing.
Kelsey came in this afternoon after basketball practice and got Courtney to smile and talk to her a little bit. Courtney even asked to listen to the High School Musical Concert DVD.
She is still very tired after her rough start this morning. The doctors have decided to keep her on the bi-pap machine overnight, keep her comfortable with her pain medicine, and try weaning her off the O2 and bi-pap machine tomorrow. Robin (Courtney's primary nurse from our very 1st stay at Vandy & a very good family friend) will be taking care of her tomorrow. She has already said she would have her up and moving around tomorrow. There is still a chance we could move to the floor tomorrow, but it all depends on tonight and how well she weans off the bi-pap tomorrow.
The basketball team at DCA all signed a ball for Courtney. Kelsey is going to give it to her tomorrow when she is alert and feeling better. Special thanks to Coach Winfree who came by to see Courtney Tuesday night and thought of that as a gift. He knows how much basketball means to Courtney and how much she loves watching the team play.
I will try to update again tomorrow morning after the nurse's shift change.
Thank you for your support.
Randy
4 comments:
What a strong trooper Courtney is! God has some very special angels assigned to her, and I know that all the prayers that are surrounding you all will continue to be heard. Anxious to hear how the night went. Still praying...Harriet.
Randy - we are glad to do whatever you need and I am thankful the blog is helping get the word out on Courtney. Do not feel the need to reply to me just know that we are praying and are here to help. Praying that Courtney had a good evening and that today is a great day for her.
Randy,
I work with Maria Turner as her business partner. I want you to know that a LOT of people are praying for Courtney and your family. Our God is more than ABLE. He is ever nigh to little angels like Courtney. May God continue to provide strength, healing and peace to you all. ShirleyAnne Stanfield
Randy:
I´m glad Courtney´ health is comming well.
I´m still praying for her
I´m keep in touch
Post a Comment