Sunday, December 16, 2007

Courtney is Cruising the Neighborhood

This morning when I got back in the room after shift change, we went for a walk (all the way around the PCCU neighborhood). She looked at the Christmas trees in the hallway and looked out the windows. She wanted to sit in my lap and watch some TV when we got back. She was tired and wanted to get in bed just about the time Jennifer and Kelsey got here.

While I went to take a shower, Courtney ate about half of her yogurt and drank plenty of apple juice and chocolate milk. I got back to the room and she had left to go walking around the neighborhood again with Jennifer, Kelsey, & Robin. Her O2 volume has been turned down to 2 liters and she is still keeping her O2 SATs up. Dr. Drinkwater came in to check on her this morning and said the chest tube stitches can be removed and was pleased with her progress. Robin will pull those out later this morning.

We will be moving to a room on the floor sometime later today. When we get to go home will depend on how quickly she can wean off the oxygen and how well she eats. It could be anytime between tomorrow & Wednesday. We are guessing Tuesday, but won't know anything for sure till later today or tomorrow morning.

I am attaching some pictures that we have taken over the last couple of days.

Thank you again for your support.

Randy





3 comments:

Susan said...

I am so glad to read about Courtney's continuing recovery!! Way to go Courtney! Please be sure to tell her that I really like her crazy pj's that are in the posted pictures.

Please know that my prayers are with you all. I hope to read that you are home soon and that Courtney will continue to feel better as she heals.

Merry Christmas!

Susan B.

pturner63 said...

It was good to see you guys this afternoon and I am so glad that Courtney is doing so much better. She really looks great.

I am praying.
Paul

Anonymous said...

Courtney,
We hope you are doing well in the hospital. We hope you get well soon. Maybe we can play basketball
when you get home. We had fun playing with you that day in your backyard. We wil say prayers for you.
Merry Christmas,
Griffon Carlton and Connor O'Quinn