Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

I haven't posted anything in a while, but wanted to say Thank You again to everyone for your continued prayer support and understanding during this difficult time in our lives. That is the most important thing you can do for us right now. I know that you may want to know what you can do, but it is okay to just be there and listen or lift us up in prayer right now.
This morning I heard a song by Jason Gray called "Not Right Now" that really hit home and thought I would share the lyrics. The chorus at the end is repeated after each verse, but I removed it to condense space.

"You could see the smoke from a mile away
And trouble always draws a crowd
They wanna tell me that it'll be okay
But that's not what I need right now
Not while my house is burning down
Tell me if the hope that you know is true
Ever feels like a lie even from a friend
When their words are salt in an open wound
And they just can't seem to understand
That you haven't even stopped the bleeding yet
Don't tell me when I'm grieving
That this happened for a reason
Maybe one day we'll talk about the dreams that had to die
For new ones to come alive
But not right now
While I wait for the smoke to clear
You don't even have to speak
Just sit with me in the ashes here
And together we can pray for peace
To the one acquainted with our grief
I know someday
I know somehow
I'll be okay
But not right now
Not right now
No, not right now"

May God bless each and every one of you who are grieving with us and supporting us. You have no idea how much it helps and I hope that you never have to experience it yourself.

1 comment:

Kelly Thomas said...

Thank you for posting the words to the song.
You all are still lifted up in prayer.