So many times I hear the question "How are you doing?" and although I know people mean well, I don't really know how to answer that question.
Sometimes I will say that we are doing fine or doing okay but that is only relative to the moment they are asking the question. Most of the time I will say "day by day" because that truly is how we are approaching our lives right now. I don't want to drag them down by saying that we still struggle every day at some point because of something we hear, see, or think that breaks our heart and reminds us of how much we miss Courtney. However, there really are no "good days" right now, but we have some "good moments" and "not so good moments".
I know that this is a journey and we cling to the promise that God will provide comfort as we need it and that one day we will see Courtney again in heaven. I know that God has a plan and we don't always know what that plan is or how it will be revealed. Courtney touched a lot of people in her short lifetime, many that she never even met. I am sure that many more have been touched since her passing and that many more will continue to be touched in the years ahead. I pray that we will be able to bring honor to Courtney's memory and the legacy she has left behind and that one day we will be able to bring honor and glory to our Heavenly Father the same way that she did.
We have been overwhelmed by the support from family, friends, churches, and people we did not know before this happened. I find myself thinking who or what do people turn to that do not have a personal relationship with Christ. Jennifer and I watched "God's Not Dead" this weekend and it brought that thought more to the forefront. The professor in this story who is an atheist makes the comment that some of the most devout atheists were once Christians. If people who were professing to be Christians can turn away from God because He did not answer their prayers the way that they thought He should have, then how can people who do not believe in Him at all ever survive the trials and tribulations that they face each day.
I have truly felt the presence of God in my life and I know that He has a plan and He will comfort us. Although I would have liked the plan to have been different and to have Courtney right here beside me right now, I have to trust that He will provide the comfort we need and direct us in the path that He has laid out before us.
I ask that you continue to keep us in your prayers that we will continue to be comforted and be willing to allow God to use us to fulfill the plan that He has for all of us.
1 comment:
After both my personal loss experiences I hated that question. I remember throwing a phone across the room once because of that qurarion. I know people mean well. But it is tough. I agree, there are good and not so good moments as you develop your new normal. It sucks. I added your family to my MOPS prayer list today. So now there are even more people praying for you all right now. Much love and hugs.
Suzanne Goldman
Post a Comment