I am not saying I want to forget those things or feelings, just that right now it brings tears and feelings of sadness because of our loss. Eventually, there will be more feelings of happiness and joy when remembering things about her. If you asked anyone that ever met her what was the one thing they remembered most about her, I think it would definitely be her smile. She loved life and brought joy to everyone she met. She could walk into a room and brighten it with her presence and that beautiful smile. She would always greet us at the door with a big Hello anytime we came in, even if we had only been gone for a short time. I miss hearing that "Daddy....." when I come in from work in the evening. :-(
I was brought to tears at Courtney's funeral service when her kindergarten teacher spoke about her and read a poem that she wrote. I asked her for permission to share it - I hope you enjoy it as much as we did.
Courtney's Soul
An angel looked at the book of life
and then they looked at the Lord.
“I don’t know if we can send her
Her soul’s too sweet for that world.
and then they looked at the Lord.
“I don’t know if we can send her
Her soul’s too sweet for that world.
It’s filled with people who hate
They don’t know which way to turn.”
But the Lord in his infinite wisdom
decided the world needed her.
They don’t know which way to turn.”
But the Lord in his infinite wisdom
decided the world needed her.
He decided to share his sweet daughter
with the world for a little while.
He gave her to Randy and Jennifer
and then He looked down and smiled.
with the world for a little while.
He gave her to Randy and Jennifer
and then He looked down and smiled.
He saw that she needed a sister
to walk right beside her heart.
“They’ll feel just like they are twins
even though they were born years apart.
to walk right beside her heart.
“They’ll feel just like they are twins
even though they were born years apart.
Her friends – they will learn about friendship
her teachers will know their true worth.
Her family and even her doctors
will learn from her lessons on earth.
her teachers will know their true worth.
Her family and even her doctors
will learn from her lessons on earth.
I’ll lend her to them for just enough time.
She’ll help us as we reach our goal.
Of making the world a sweeter place
Because of our sweet Courtney’s soul.
She’ll help us as we reach our goal.
Of making the world a sweeter place
Because of our sweet Courtney’s soul.
And then one day when I call her home
and write her name where it’s meant to be
Our Heaven will be even sweeter
‘Cause they gave her back to Me.”
and write her name where it’s meant to be
Our Heaven will be even sweeter
‘Cause they gave her back to Me.”
No comments:
Post a Comment