Friday, February 22, 2013

Update on Glen and the Queen family - Friday, February 22, 2013

I haven't updated the blog in awhile and since Glen got his PET scan results this week, people are wanting updates.  :-)  So here goes.

Glen had his PET scan last week and went back to the doctor on Tuesday for the results.  The doctor said that the scan was clean and the blood work looked good, which means that he is still cancer free.  PRAISE THE LORD!!!!!!!  He will continue to have checkups every 3 months or so for 2 years, but for now they are not recommending any maintenance doses of chemo or medication.

Kelsey finished up her J term and got Chemistry under her belt.  She celebrated with a trip to New Orleans with a classmate who lives in Slidell and went home for a weekend between semesters.  She has now started the Spring Semester at Union and is taking 17 hours, which means she should be able to start her Nursing classes in the Fall on time.  She is out of the sling from her shoulder surgery and is now toughing it out through her Physical Therapy/Rehab sessions.  She is able to drive now and is back living with Phillip & Christy.

Courtney participated in the Nashville Special Olympics basketball event at Belmont on Tuesday playing with her McGavock High School classmates.  They had 2 teams from McGavock.  The team Courtney was on consisted of her and 5 boys.  LOL  She did not start the 1st game, but came off the bench and scored 10 of their 16 points, however they lost 20 - 16.  The 2nd game she didn't score, but had a blast and they lost 24 - 20.  They had a Fun Day at Ensworth High School on Thursday, so with them being out on Monday for President's Day, she only had 2 days in the classroom this week.  :-)

Courtney and I finished up our Family Fun bowling league last Sunday and the awards will be handed out this week.  She got the girl bowler of the week (most points over average) several times this year and raised her average up to around 90.  We had a great time and she is already asking when we can bowl in a league again.

Peggy came to Nashville on Wednesday for a doctor's appointment and her and Jenn spent some time together before she drove on to Jackson.  She was going to help Christy get ready for a church event they are hosting this weekend.  Glen is driving to Nashville in the morning and then we are all heading to Jackson for a birthday party for Tori and then Jenn and I are going to the dinner hosted at their church tomorrow night.  We will all be heading back on Sunday.

I have been getting a little more activity in the job search, but still no offers.  I appreciate your continued prayer support.  I am clinging to the words of Jeremiah 29:11 where Jesus says "For I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future".  I know He has the plan and I have to be patient and look to Him for guidance to see it when it is ready.

Thank you again for your prayers.

No comments: