I have not posted an update on the Queen family in quite some time, so I thought I would catch everyone up on what is going on with us.
Yesterday, September 11th, was our 24th wedding anniversary. I am so glad that God brought us together 28 years ago at TTU and I have NO doubt that He did. I do not know how I could have made it through all the difficult times without Jennifer. She is my Rock, my best friend, my loving wife, a wonderful mother, and the glue that holds this family together during hard times. We were able to go to the Titans game on Sunday, then ate dinner together afterward. Courtney spent the afternoon with our friend Robin. We also were able to eat lunch together yesterday before picking Courtney up from school.
I am still looking for a job, since my position was eliminated back in May. I took advantage of the time off for the first couple of months and spent time with family. Now I am trying to find the "right job" and it has been harder than I anticipated finding it. I know God has a plan for me and I just have to be patient and continue to seek His guidance to find where He wants me to be.
Jennifer is working a little more than she has in the past, but still getting to play some tennis. She also spent a lot of time over the last few weeks cleaning out closets and finding things for a Yard Sale in Jackson at Christy's house.
Speaking of Jackson, Kelsey has transferred from Western Kentucky University (WKU), where she was majoring in Musical Theatre, to Union University and changed her major to Nursing. She was able to get some scholarships and financial aid, but to save more money she is living with Christy and Phillip for now. They only live a few miles from the campus, so she is still able to be involved with intramurals, Life groups, and making new friends. She is also active in their church working with the Youth group and singing with a couple of their praise bands. She would like to do some kind of music ministry and still wants to do some musical theatre productions. We miss getting to see her as often since Jackson is further away than WKU. Courtney especially misses her and tries to text, talk on the phone, and Skype with her as often as she can. :-)
Courtney started her freshman year at McGavock High School this year. It is hard for me to believe she is that old, but she seems to really be loving it. The school is huge and easy to get lost in. Fortunately, Courtney has an educational aid that goes with her to the non Life Skill classes. However, she was showing us around pretty easily the other night at the Open House. LOL She is looking forward to choosing an academy next year and wants to be in the CMT Academy of Digital Design & Communication & Center for Fine Arts. She really loves the idea that she can work with cameras for school credit. :-) She will also be on the girl's bowling team. She bowled with me about 5 times a week during the summer and is pretty good. In fact, she legitimately beat me a couple of times this summer. :-)
Courtney does have another heart procedure coming up on October 24th. They need to replace her heart valve again - it has been about 4 and a half years since they last did this. The difference is that this time they are going to try replacing it using a catheterization procedure from the jugular in her neck instead of invasive open heart surgery. If it works the way they plan, she will be in the hospital overnight and only miss 3 days of school. Anyone who knows Courtney knows that we don't normally do things according to plan, so we are praying that everything goes well and her downtime is minimal.
Well, that gets you caught up on the Queen family for now. I will post more in the future to keep you updated on us and on Glen and Peggy and their treatments and recovery.
Thank you for your continued prayer support. We really appreciate it.
No comments:
Post a Comment