Monday, May 31, 2010

Queen Family Update - Monday, May 31st

Courtney's appointment with the surgeon went very well. He was real pleased at how she looked and how she was recovering. He said that she could start bending now and needed to keep walking each day to build up her strength.


She has had very little pain and is only taking Tylenol sparingly to deal with it. She is bending easier now and has started playing her Wii games again. She has been going on more errands with us and even went shopping with Jennifer this week. She went to her school on Wednesday to visit with her classmates and teachers.


Kelsey has started her summer workouts for school, is working on her online Latin course for school, and performed with the Creative Ministry team (Word in Motion) again this Sunday for the youth at Tulip Grove Baptist.


Today we all went to our friend's house for a Memorial Day pool party. Courtney got into the pool for awhile and really enjoyed it. The water was cold at first, but once you got in and got used to it, it wasn't that bad.




I have been very fortunate over the years to not have many medical problems, but I guess it is my turn now. Courtney has had several EGD procedures, Kelsey had one last year, and now it is my turn. Many of you know that I have had issues swallowing food at times over the last few years, so tomorrow they are going to look down my throat and stretch where necessary if I have narrowing. I will be out of work for the day, but should be fine to return to work on Wednesday.


Thank you for continuing to keep our family in your prayers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So sorry that I have been out of the loop. I had my final surgery (left thyroid lobectomy)on Friday, April 30th, so Courtney and I were in the hospital at the same time! The flooding that started the next day was horrible. Glad that your home was OK. How long will it take to repair the school? Prior to the surgery, I spent 2 weeks in NYC (and another week with my 93 year old mother) helping with the family since Liz and new granddaughter, Sloane, had been hospitalized for 4 days after an uneventful home delivery! Both had infections. Happy belated birthday to Courtney, and Mother's Day! While at my mother's, I washed my phone, and lost all your phone numbers, so give me a call Jennifer so I can enter them on my new phone, as well as get your e-mail address. I am so happy that Courtney's surgery went well. She looks so much better! I may pick up a private patient, but otherwise am now retired. It is a good thing, because tomorrow I will again go to NYC for a couple of weeks. Liz's father is not doing well in CT (cancer). She and Sloane are there, and Steve is trying to manage the boys and work 6 days a week! Glad that I can help. Again, sorry that I have not kept up with your family. Love to all, Gretchen