Saturday, May 3, 2008

Courtney Goes on School Field Trip to LBL

Courtney took her first overnight field trip with the 4th grade class at her school. They left for Land Between the Lakes (Lake Barkley - Kentucky) on Wednesday morning by bus and returned Friday afternoon.

She did not have any family with her or a private nurse. Ms. Suzanne, her EA at school and Jessica's mom, went as her chaperone/aide. She had a great time fishing, roasting marshmallows, holding crawfish, seeing snakes, and playing with all her friends. Ms. Suzanne took pictures for us and I will post them once I get some of them.

We are headed to a family dinner tomorrow afternoon and then finish planning Courtney's 11th birthday party next weekend. She will celebrate her birthday again this year on Mother's Day (this year it actually is the same day again). We are having a High School Musical theme party at a local bowling alley. Courtney loves to bowl, in fact she has competed the last 2 years in a Special Olympics event for bowling. She got invited to the state competition last year, but her score didn't qualify because her lane had bumpers. We are going to work on bowling without the bumpers this year to see if we can get her qualified.

Continue to keep us in your prayers, as well as my friend Daniel and his family. I mentioned him in one of my previous blogs concerning his 4th child having complications at Vanderbilt. Well, Georgie passed away Wednesday morning and they had a memorial service for him today. They don't have a lot of family close by, so I am sure they would appreciate your prayers. Thank you.

2 comments:

pturner63 said...

I read this last week but did not comment. Very cool that Courtney is doing so well. Continue to pray for her and you guys as well.

Anonymous said...

I will work on getting the pictures on a cd for you this weekend! =)

Courtney had a WONDERFUL time!
(and so did I!)

Suzanne