Courtney is doing very well. In fact, she decided that this year she would stay up with us and welcome in 2008. She even wanted to watch a movie afterwards before going to bed. I rocked her while she watched most of Peter Pan (the Broadway version). I dozed throughout some of it and she finally went to bed around 1:30 AM. She slept in Kelsey's room (who was having a friend sleep over and were watching movies in her room) and they all slept in late New Year's Day.Jennifer's parents ate dinner with us last Wednesday night and Courtney and I opened our gifts from them. Kelsey got a Wii game system for Christmas and we have all been enjoying it. In fact, Courtney has already become a PRO at bowling (she bowled a 199 last night). She also enjoys playing tennis and baseball on it. Kelsey has bowled a 200 and is getting really good at the tennis.
My parents, my sister & her kids, and my aunt Charlotte came over Sunday morning. We ate lunch with them at home and exchanged our gifts with them. They stayed until 4:00 or so (3 hour drive over and 3 hours back makes for a long day). :-) Courtney really enjoyed playing with my niece and getting to see everybody. She is really having a hard time understanding why she can't go anywhere yet. I went over to a friend's house Sunday night to watch the Titans beat the Colts (YEAH!!!) Who would have believed that we would win 10 games this year and make the playoffs. It hasn't always been pretty, but they are wins just the same.
I was off on Monday (lots of errands) and went to the Music City Bowl. It got really cold in the 2nd half (wind gusts) and I actually left early in the 4th quarter. Since it wasn't any of my teams playing and it didn't look like FSU would do anything (UK was ahead 28 - 14). I actually saw the end of the game at home (UK had to recover an onside kick to hang on for the 35 - 28 win). Kelsey had friends over to play games & watch movies that night.
New Year's Day was pretty much a relaxing day. Kelsey, Courtney, & Kaitlin watched movies all day. Jennifer went through paperwork and payed bills while watching some movies and the UT game (I tried to keep her from watching it - but they hung on to win anyway). I watched football all day (except for the end of the outdoor hockey game), took down the Christmas tree, & hung Jennifer's new print in the living room.
Well, now it is back to work for me yesterday and Kelsey started back to school today. Please continue to keep her in your prayers also. She has been complaining about headaches, dizziness, and back ache for awhile. She had to leave basketball practice early on Monday. Jennifer took her to the doctor yesterday and they did a CT scan on her sinus cavities to verify whether or not she has a sinus infection. Hopefully we will find out something today.
Courtney has been playing Wii a lot and yesterday spent a few hours doing some school work and coloring. I had to make her stop to eat dinner last night.
Well, that catches you up on how we are doing. Courtney will go back for post-op doctor appointments on January 15th and 16th to see how she is doing and determine when she can go back to school. I will update the blog as I get a chance, but now that I am back at work and our normal hustle and bustle has started back, I am not sure how often I will get to. I will for sure update it on Kelsey's condition and after Courtney goes back to the doctor.
Thank you again for your continued prayer support, kind words, friendship, & thoughtful gifts of meals and gift cards. We will at some point take time to personally thank each of you for your thoughtfulness and generosity.
By the way, I want to thank all of you that have posted comments and thank all of you who have made comments to me about appreciating this blog site and wanting to comment, but didn't have an account. There should be a section in the comment part about posting anonymously if you would like to post a comment or you can send an email to me at randy.queen@gmail.com.
Randy
No comments:
Post a Comment